Lasagne laat mens aan die winter dink - hier is twee resepte vir heerlike lasagne te danke aan Checkers en Sjef Sune Niemand. Lekker eet!
Beef lasagne (variation vegetable lasagne)
Oiled baking tray (2L volume)
60ml olive oil
1ea large onion, chopped finely
2ea cloves garlic, crushed
1kg lamb mince
410g can crushed tomatoes
125ml dry white wine
50g finely grated parmesan
50g cake flour
1. Cook onion and garlic in same pan, stirring until onions soften. Add the wine and bring to the boil, add lamb and keep on cook-stirring until lamb changes colour. Stir in the basic tomato sauce (recipe follow) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15min – do not cook ‘dry’
Basic tomato sauce
45ml olive oil
1ea medium onion, finely chopped
2ea garlic cloves, crushed
1ea carrot, grated
1ea celery stick, finely chopped
2x410g tins, whole, peeled tomatoes
Fresh herbs, basil, Thyme, parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
125ml white wine or water
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and translucent. Add the carrot and celery and sauté until soft.
2. Add the tomatoes and rest of the ingredients, except for the parsley and basil. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add the parsley and basil, serve with pasta of your choice.
Sauté mince meat with the onion and garlic and continue with the basic tomato sauce – use as for spaghetti Bolognese
2. White sauce: melt butter in a medium size sauce pan, add the cake flour, cook stirring until mixture thickens and bubbles- add all the milk, stir and bring to a boil for 3 minutes until thick
3. Place a third of the white sauce in a lightly buttered oven proof pie dish. Place slightly soaked (hot water and remove the sheets with food tongs) lasagne, in dish on top of the first layer of white sauce, spread half of the meat sauce over lasagne sheets. Repeat layering finishing with white sauce. Bake lasagne (uncovered) 30 minutes in medium oven – then sprinkle with cheese (grated mozzarella) and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until top browns lightly – stand lasagne 10 minutes before serving.
For vegetable lasagne
Baby marrow, cherry tomatoes; creamed spinach and mushrooms; oven roasted butternut and balsamic onion (cheese chunks of feta)
Sauce idea for pasta:
Olive and salami
Heat 30ml olive oil on medium heat. Add 1 finely chopped red onion and cloves crushed garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add 1x400g tin Italian tomatoes and 65ml red wine. Cook for 20 minutes. Add 15ml tomato paste, a handful of pitted olives, and a handful of sliced salami. Season
with salt and pepper. Cook for further 5 minutes. Toss into hot tagliatelle and top with shredded basil and grated Parmesan.
Wat eet ons vanaand? - Lasagne vir die winter