Central SA
#AceMagashule supporters: 'We will never get tired' - VIDEO─── 12:37 Mon, 21 Feb 2022
Supporters of the suspended ANC Secretary-General (SG), Ace Magashule, vowed to keep supporting him throughout the R255 million asbestos trial.
This after they descended in Bloemfontein once again in support of Magashule during his pre-trial at the Free State High Court on Monday.
This is where Magashule, former Mangaung Mayor Olly Mlamleli; businessman Edwin Sodi, and others face more than 70 charges of fraud, theft, and corruption over the failed R255 million asbestos project.
OFM News understands that some of his supporters arrived in Bloemfontein on Sunday evening to prepare for the gathering. Boitumelo Majoe, who is the Regional Secretary of the Congress of South African Students (Cosas), says the delays in Magashule’s court case are political paddling that is keeping the former SG from going back to office as they are approaching the national conference. Majoe says that they will never get tired of supporting Magashule.
"We are sending this message to those ones that are sitting and observing, that we will never get tired of supporting the Secretary-General. We will never lose hope because he is one of our own. We'll keep on coming here and we'll keep on supporting the Secretary-General, and they should know this is only the beginning. Nasrec is coming, we will show them flames," he adds.
OFM News previously reported that Magashule's supporters have accused the CR17 camp, aligned to ANC president Cyril Ramaphosa, of a witchhunt against Magashule, who is believed to be a champion of Radical Economic Transformation (RET).
Previously, Magashule had announced that during the ANC National General Council (NGC), members had agreed that those accused and thought to be involved in corruption must also step aside from their party position even if not charged in a court of law. Magashule previously took his suspension from the party to court but his court bid was dismissed.
OFM News/Kekeletso Mosebetsi and Lee Simmons
