Vacancy – CEO
JANUARY 10, 2019
The following position has arisen at the company:
JOB TITLE: Chief Executive Officer
QUALIFICATION: Relevant tertiary qualifications
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior manager in a media environment
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Provide strategic input to develop and execute the company’s business strategy with the cooperation of the board and the holding company
- Maintain good relationships with the management team, the board, the shareholders, the regulatory environment and other authorities
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of the management team providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with the financial director and the management team to insure the targets for the operating budget are met
- Create, execute and manage business strategies for each of the business units in the group that optimize shareholder value
- Represent the company at public and business engagements in order to strengthen the brand profile and oversee all media communications
- Work with stakeholders across the broader Media sector in order to create alliances and partnerships for mutual growth
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- A thorough understanding of financials and corporate governance
- A proven track record in problem analysis and challenge resolution skills at both a strategic and operational level
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A proven track record in creative solutions with strategic thinking ability and strong presentation skills
- Skilled at negotiation and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of the media and broadcast sectors
- Firm grasp of the regulatory environment and the Electronic Communications Act
- Well networked in the South African radio and advertising sectors
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 21 January 2019 at 10:00
All interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to Nthabi Leeuw by e-mail: email@example.com
Applicants not contacted within two weeks after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Preference consideration will be given to applications from the designated groups in line with the provisions
of the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto).
VACANCY - Journalist
The following exciting opportunity has come up within our Mahareng Publishing office in Bloemfontein.
JOB TITLE: Journalist
EDUCATION: Relevant tertiary qualification
EXPERIENCE: Have at least 2 years’ experience as a journalist.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Sourcing news, doing interviews, re-angling stories, handling press releases and do follow ups where necessary, while building an extensive contact network.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Have a passion for journalism and an extensive general knowledge of news and current affairs
- Have exceptional communication and written skills, in both Afrikaans and English. A third language will be an advantage
- Have a background in print and/or radio news
- Be able to work under extreme pressure and to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of a camera and/or video camera
- Have keyboard and IT skills. Audio and video editing ability would be preferential
- Have an existing contact network
- Be a team player
- Be in possession of a code B driver’s licence
- Be able to function effectively within a multi-media environment
- Should be willing to work after hours and some weekends
CLOSING DATE: 01 February at 16h00
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahareng Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Central Media Group’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy.
Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.