The Premier Soccer League has been working hard together with various stakeholders to ensure that all protocols are strictly followed and implemented ahead of the kick-off on Saturday afternoon, 08 August 2020.
The first match will be a Nedbank Cup semi-final tie between Bloemfontein Celtic and Baroka FC at Orlando Stadium in Soweto at 14h00.
It will be followed by the second semi-final, Mamelodi Sundowns vs Bidvest Wits at 19h15 at the same venue.
On Sunday, the GladAfrica Championship will kick off with two fixtures: Real Kings against Cape Umoya at Tsakane Stadium and Richards Bay against TS Sporting at TUKS Stadium. Both fixtures will be at 15h30.
PSL Adopts Five Subs at matches:
The League can also confirm that there will be five substitutes allowed in a match for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.
• Nine (9) substitutes can be named (not 7) in the team list.
• Five substitutions are allowed per Club during the game.
• Clubs will get three substitution opportunities during the game (plus half time, which isn’t counted as one of the three)
• If both teams make substitutions at the same time, this counts as a used “opportunity” for both teams
• In a cup game, unused substitutions and opportunities are carried into extra time
• Teams will get an additional substitute and an additional substitution opportunity in extra time, taking the total of subs to 6 and opportunities to 4
• Substitutions made before extra time and during half time of extra time don’t count as a lost opportunity