The aggressive fast bowler was by far the standout achiever of the night after walking away with 2 awards including the Senior Provincial Rookie of the Year award.
“I’m really proud of myself for my achievements this evening, I mean receiving 2 awards in your first season of first-class cricket really shows how hard I’ve worked throughout the season and I’m really grateful to all my coaches from under 19 to the VKB Knights for granting me the opportunities to showcase my talent”, he said.
After a minor injury, while touring India with SA under 19 team, Coetzee showed that he has what it takes as he made his way into the Senior Provincial team and ultimately made his franchise debut for the VKB Knights, all in one season.
“it has really been an eye-opening season for me. The level is higher, meaning as a player one has to stay fit mentally and physically and fortunately, I have a very supportive family that push me to do better for myself”, concluded the youngster.
“As Free State Cricket, we have been known for producing quality fast bowlers and its always an honour to see bowlers dominate the Free state Cricket awards. It clearly indicates that we still have the talent in the Province”, commented Free State Cricket Chief Executive, Johan van Heerden. “Congratulations to all award recipients, may you continue to prosper”, concluded the CEO.
There were also two awards for the Kroonstad born Thandekile Plank who was named the RPC Player of the year and the Rural Cricketer of the year for his inclusion in the SA Rural team.
Other winners on the night were Romano Terblanche (Free State Senior Provincial Player of the Year) and Izabella Cilliers (Women's Player of the Year), with the Free State Women's Team also being named Team of The Year for their achievement in the 2018/2019 season.
- Mini-Cricket Administrator of the year: Betty Mofokeng
- Under 13 Player of the year: Darion Rabie
- Under 15 Player of the year: Mvula Chabalala
- Under 17 Player of the year: Brian Thaele
- Under 17 Rural Player of the year: Kelvin Olivier
- Under 19 Player of the year: Gerald Coetzee
- Under 19 Girls Player of the year: Elzandri Nortje
- LSEN Player of the year: Jacques Labuschagne
- RPC Player of the year: Thandekile Plank
- Best Performing Team of the year: Senior Provincial Women’s Team
- Differently Abled player of the year: David Landry
- Rural Cricketer of the year: Thandekile Plank
- Scorer of the year: Kenny Saunders
- Newcomer Umpire of the year: Tsolo Tsosane
- Umpire of the year: Adrian Field
- FS Club Champs Representative of the year: Kovsies Cricket Club
- Coach of the year: Dillon du Preez
- Academy Player of the year: Siphamandla Mavanda
- Women’s Cricket Rookie of the year: Rene Nel
- Women’s Cricket Players Player of the year: Yolandi Potgieter
- Women’s Cricket Player of the year: Izabella Cilliers
- Senior Provincial Rookie of the year: Gerald Coetzee
- Senior Provincial Most Improved Player of the year: Dilivio Ridgaard
- Senior Provincial Player of the year: Romano Terblanche
- Presidential Award recipient: Senior Provincial Women’s Team
- Free State Cricket