- 500 ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- tsp salt
- 250 ml milk
- Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
- Add half of the milk and the melted butter to the egg mixture.
- Stir well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the egg mixture.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk to form a smooth mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into a greased heavy-bottom frying pan or into a griddle.
- Turn once the top is full of air bubbles (bottom should be golden brown) and cook on the other side.
Variations: Serve with whipped cream with a splash of vanilla essence and a dash of sugar. Top with blueberries or strawberries. Or, serve with crispy bacon and maple syrup.
Source: Food for Mzanzi
Your Weekend Breakfast Recipe is proudly made possible by Kloppers.