Calling all Innovative Entrepreneurial 2022 Matriculants!
This competition is for young aspiring entrepreneurs from the Free State and Northern Cape provinces.
Through taking part the participants will gain real-life experience in developing a business plan and pitching ideas to potential investors.
Real-life experience means problems. Learn how to problem-solve and make decisions as well as interpersonal skills and teamwork.
Scared of public speaking? We got you.
Develop your entrepreneurial skills.
Learn all of this and more during the course of the competition.
PRIZES TO BE WON!
There are categories for awarding prizes that will be announced. Prizes to the top 5 finalists are:
- 1st prize - R20 000
- 2nd prize - R15 500
- 3rd prize - R12 000
- 4th prize - R 8 500
- 5th prize - R 5 000
Sounds like something you would like to do?
First, are you eligible?
Grade 11 learners who will enter Grade 12 in 2022.
How does it work
Keep these criteria in mind as you put together a written proposal:
- Is there a need for this business?
- Clearly identify the target market for your idea.
- Make sure we can see your business is unique and innovative.
- Identify your key activities and resources for the value proposition.
- Demonstrate the value of the business for the customer.
- Demonstrate the operational aspects of the business idea.
- Demonstrate your drive to make the business work.
- Show your financial projections for the business. Include your important costs inherent to the business model and how you will generate enough income to be sustainable.
The submission of your idea:
- Impress the judges with your idea, the research you have done, your business sense, and the potential you see for it. You will submit a 3-page written proposal.
- The submission closing date will be communicated to registered learners.
- Entries can be submitted either by completing the entry form below.
- All entries will be reviewed by an expert adjudication panel.
- 50 qualifying entries will be selected and provided with training to refine their business plans in preparation for the final presentation.
- Applications are accepted from individuals or groups up to a maximum of 5 participants per group.
- The closing date of the competition has been extended to 30 October 2021.
The outcome of the competition will be communicated to selected entrants only. Should you not hear from us by the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
See how to enter here: https://www.cut.ac.za/emyc