On Now
Weekends 16:00 - 20:00
OFM Decades James
Show Background
NEXT: 20:00 - 23:59 Saturday Nights with OFM
Listen Live Streams

Local News

BREAKING NEWS: Five shot, four killed in Bloemfontein shooting spree

───   CHRISTAL-LIZE MULLER 11:46 Wed, 26 Jul 2017

BREAKING NEWS: Five shot, four killed in Bloemfontein shooting spree | News Article

Bloemfontein - Four men were allegedly killed and a woman sustained a gunshot wound in a shooting incident in Bloemfontein early this morning.


Netcare 911 spokesperson, Nick Dollman, says paramedics had to be escorted by police to a local house in the Chris Hani informal settlement at Bloemfontein. He says reports from the scene indicate that the victims were attacked by gunmen and multiple shots were fired.

Upon arrival at the scene, Paramedics from Netcare 911 and the Provincial EMS attended to numerous patients. Four males had already died as a result of their severe injuries and the fifth shooting victim, a female, had been shot in the head.

He says she was in a critical condition and was attended to by a Netcare 911 Advanced Life Support paramedic. The injured woman was quickly stabilised at the scene before she was transported to a hospital.

According to him paramedics from the Provincial EMS attended to and transported more patients who were allegedly assaulted during the incident.

Police spokesperson Thandi Mbambo confirmed the incident.


OFM News/Christal-Lize Muller, Cathy Dlodlo, Mark Steenbok

@ 2026 OFM - All rights reserved Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | We Use Cookies - OFM is a division of Central Media Group (PTY) LTD.