On Now
Weekdays 00:00 - 05:00
Early Mornings Oscar
NEXT: 05:00 - 06:00 The Agri Hour with Gerben
Listen Live Streams


Is your Community Scheme registered?

───   10:00 Wed, 24 Apr 2024

Sponsored10:00 Wed, 24 Apr 2024
Is your Community Scheme registered? | News Article
Foto: Getty Images

Ensuring compliance and reaping benefits: Why registering with the Community Schemes Ombud Service is essential for all community scheme stakeholders.

If you are a sectional title resident or manage one, on a body corporate, live in a block of flats, form part of a homeowners association, or a retirement housing scheme, share block company and housing cooperative – you need to ensure that your community scheme is registered with the Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS). Not only is it required by law, but there are also many benefits.

OFM Content Manager Elzette Boucher-Krüger spoke to the acting chief ombud, Thembelihle Mbatha.

The Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS) is a body that was established by government to, among other responsibilities, regulate Community schemes, such as sectional titles, block of flats, homeowners’ associations, retirement housing schemes, share block companies and housing cooperatives.

The CSOS as a national entity under the Department of Human Settlements is expected to have presence across all the nine provinces.

The Ombud Service was established in terms of the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act, 2011 (Act No 9 of 2011) to regulate the conduct of parties within community schemes.

@ 2024 OFM - All rights reserved Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | We Use Cookies - OFM is a division of Central Media Group (PTY) LTD.