OFM Nights#OFMArtBeat - It's time to put Pen to Paper with the VS Arts Festival
─── 09:12 Tue, 15 Feb 2022
Mid-Morning Magic's Yolanda Maartens chats to Mike van Graan, coordinator of the STAND foundation and steering committee member of the theater and dance alliance (TADA).
The Sustaining Theatre and Dance (STAND) Foundation in association with the National Afrikaans Theatre Institute (NATi), Theatre and Dance Alliance (TADA), and the Vrystaat Arts Festival hereby call for scripts by South African playwrights that have not been performed or staged in full production.
The longer the life of a play, the more income it generates for its creative and technical personnel. It is also the right of all South African citizens to have access to the theatre, not only those based in the major urban centres.
Against this background, the aim of this project is to pilot a national touring circuit for theatre plays that travel to as many of the country’s provinces as possible, to formal and non-formal performance spaces and festivals, and that may be translated into different languages or have the play use different languages as appropriate.
A secondary aim is to introduce new, contemporary scripts to audiences and potential producers, and to assist in the development of such scripts.
Call for Submissions
- Playwrights of any age, established and relatively new, are hereby invited to submit scripts of unperformed plays in electronic form within this application.
- The plays must be at least 60 minutes in length, but not longer than 90 minutes.
- Plays should be presented by a maximum of four actors.
- The plays may be submitted in any South African language.
- The genre of plays may be comedy, drama, or satire but should be text-based.
- Preference will be given to plays that explore contemporary South African themes, with characters from across the spectrum rather than one particular ‘racial group’.
Deadline: 28 February 2022
Click here to enter: https://form.jotform.com/213294533817560